We hope you are happy with the cover this policy provides. However you have the right to cancel it within 30 days of receiving the policy and a full refund will be given. After the 30 day “cooling off period” there are no refunds given. Refer to your Policy document for full details.
Consumers are protected under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and under the Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. If the appliance is not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose, you have the right to claim for repair or replacement for up to 6 years. However, after the first 6 months it is up to you to prove the appliance was faulty when purchased - this may involve you taking legal proceedings. Consumers can get further information about their rights from their local trading standards department.
Please note, the extended warranty does provide protection in the event of insolvency.
Purchasing your Warranty after receiving your Product
You can take out an extended warranty at the same price and with the same terms any time within 30 days of purchasing your product.
Can I purchase an extended warranty elswhere?
You can buy similar extended warranty products from insurers, utility companies, credit card companies, manufacturers, some other retailers and online providers, but they may not provide the same level of service.
Is my product covered by my household insurance policy?
Some household contents insurance policies provide cover for accidental damage, fire or theft of electrical goods, however;
where cover is provided under household insurance, there is likely to be an excess payable by the policy-holder;
where cover is provided, making a claim under household insurance may lead to higher premiums in future if there is a no-claims bonus.
Standard extended warranty terms and conditions:
1) External batteries are classed as a consumable item and therefore are not covered by extended warranty. If the battery is an integral part and built into the laptop, this will be covered.
2) Chargers/Adapters/Power leads are all consumable items and not covered by the extended warranty.
3) Extended warranty will be covered on like for like parts to the original invoice. If you have upgraded any part of your unit such as RAM/HDD this will not be covered by the extended warranty.
4) It is the end users responsibility to make sure that they have backed up their own data including making a restoration disk for the Operating system on their unit. This is especially important for Windows 8/8.1 machines as there is no original COA with the unit, so we cannot install and activate Windows on their behalf. We are not responsible for any loss of data which may occur during an extended warranty repair.
5) Wear and tear is not covered under the extended warranty. This includes hinges, plastics, bezels, keys and touchpad.
6) Screen replacement is like for like upon availability, finish may vary ie gloss or matt finish.
7) The estimated turn around for warranty repairs is 24 working days from the date the unit is received into our warehouse.
8) In the unlikely event that we are unable to repair your unit, we will offer a like for like replacement based upon the original specifications purchased. We are entitled to fulfil any replacement with alternative model/make or refurbished/open box product as long as it matches or betters the specification of the original machine.